- Who did Peter write to? [ 2 Peter 1:1 ]
- In this letter, what is Peter concerned that the Christians will face? [ 2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 3:3-4 ]
- How have Peter’s readers become Christians? [ 2 Peter 1:3 ]
- What qualities is Peter reminding his readers of? [ 2 Peter 1:12, 2 Peter 1:5-6 ]
- How much emphasis does Peter put on his own safety and well-being? Where is Peter’s focus?
- How is Peter’s message different from myths? [ 2 Peter 1:16 ]
- What did Peter see and hear on the mountain? [ 2 Peter 1:17-18, Matthew 17:1-13 ]
- What is the prophetic word that Peter is referring to? [ 2 Peter 1:19a ]
- Where did this prophetic word come from? [ 2 Peter 1:21 ]
- How should the people hold on to the prophetic word? [ 2 Peter 1:19b ]
- What is the dark place? What is the dawn and the morning star? [ Revelation 2:28, Revelation 22:16 ] (Think about the main concerns that Peter has for his readers in this letter and his long-term focus.)
- How is the dark place that Peter mentions still relevant to Christians today?
- What should we be holding on to? Why can we trust it?
- How is Peter an example for us in terms of his care for God’s church?