- Who has Peter been warning the Christians about? [ 2 Peter 2:1 ]
- Where will these people come from? [ 2 Peter 2:21 ]
- What is Peter seeking to remind the Christians of in this chapter? [ 2 Peter 3:2-3 ]
- What is scoffing? [ 2 Peter 3:4 ] Why will these people scoff? [ 2 Peter 3:3 ]
- What event is Peter reminding the Christians of? [ 2 Peter 3:5-6 ]
- Why did God kill most of the ancient world? [ Genesis 6:5-8 ]
- How is the coming of the final day of the Lord similar to the flood? [ 2 Peter 3:7 ]
- Why has the final day of the Lord not come yet? [ 2 Peter 3:9 ]
- What will happen in that day?
- What might Peter’s motivation be for reminding the people of the final day of the Lord? [ 2 Peter 3:11-13 ]
- How will this knowledge change the Christian’s perspective of life? [ 2 Peter 3:13-15a ]
- How might Peter’s discussion of Paul’s teachings follow the other warnings in this letter? [ 2 Peter 3:16 ]
- Who are the lawless? [ 2 Peter 3:17 ]
- What do the people around us think of Noah and the flood?
- What is the danger that faces the church when it is surrounded by scoffers?
- What does this passage tell us about God’s character? His grace? His justice? His timing?
- From this passage, how should knowledge of God’s character and plans affect our lives?