- Who was driving the false teaching that was affecting the Church? [ Acts 14:1-7, 14:19 ]
- What was the central point of the false teaching? [ Acts 15:1, 5 ]
- Why was this an issue for Jews? [ Genesis 17:9-10 ]
- How did Paul and Barnabas address this false teaching? [ Acts 15:2-3 ]
- What is significant concerning the welcome of Paul and Barnabas? Who was there? [ Acts 15:4 ]
- Who made an objection? [ Acts 15:5 ] Why might they have made this objection?
- Why was Peter able to help to resolve the matter? [ Acts 15:7-9, Acts 10:44-45 ]
- How are the gentile and Jewish Christians similar? Why was it clear that the gentiles had been saved too?
- What other indications were presented that God had chosen to redeem the gentiles too? [ Acts 15:12 ]
- What does God intend to do? [ Acts 15:16-18 ]
- What requirements did James make of the gentiles? [ Acts 15:19-20 ]
- How did the church in Jerusalem support Paul? [ Acts 15:22-33 ]
- Why did Paul and Barnabas separate? [ Acts 15:39 ]
- Who does God choose to save? How are they saved? Why do the gentiles not need to be circumcised?
- How does God care for his Church?
- How should the Church support other christian leaders?
- What might leaders of the church do when faced with difficult issues and false teaching?
- Instead of reacting in anger, what should they do?
- How is Paul’s behaviour in Jerusalem a good encouragement for leaders today?
- What does the disagreement between Paul and Barnabas demonstrate?