- How are sinners justified? [ Galatians 2:15-16 ]
- Why did Jesus die? [ Galatians 2:17-21 ]
- Why are the Galatians foolish? What have they done? [ Galatians 3:1 ]
- What have they received? How did it come to them? [ Galatians 3:2 ]
- Despite starting in faith, how are they now trying to improve themselves? [ Galatians 3:3 ] What is the “flesh” in this context?
- Why does Paul suggest that they might have suffered in vain? [ Galatians 3:4 ]
- What would have happened to them as a young church surrounded by gentiles following false gods?
- Where did the Spirit and associated miracles come from? [ Galatians 3:5 ]
- Why is this not connected with keeping the Mosaic law and being circumcised (“works”)?
- Why was Abraham credited with righteousness by God? [ Galatians 3:6 ]
- Who are Abraham’s children? [ Galatians 3:7-9 ]
- Why is this an important lesson for those following Jewish teachings?
- Who did Moses proclaim the curses of the law to? [ Galatians 3:10, Deuteronomy 27:26 ] What does the law reveal?
- How many people can be justified by following the law? [ Galatians 3:11 ]
- How did Jesus redeem the Galatian Christians? [ Galatians 3:13-14 ]
- How might we fall into a similar trap as the Galatian Christians?
- What religious actions might we require for salvation?
- Why are attempts to perform various works to earn salvation wrong and very dangerous?
- How are all of God’s people (Moses, Abraham, Paul and Christians now) similar?
- Where does our hope come from?