- Who were the seventy-two? Where were they sent? What was their mission? [ Luke 10:1-11 ]
- How did their mission cause the people and the towns to be judged by God?
- Why were the seventy-two filled with joy? [ Luke 10:17 ]
- What did Jesus say he saw as the seventy-two were working? [ Luke 10:18 ]
- Why were the seventy-two able to defeat the evil that was at work in the places they travelled to? [ Luke 10:19 ]
- What might the seventy-two have thought about themselves? [ Luke 9:46-48 ]
- What was Jesus keen that the seventy-two should focus on? [ Luke 10:20 ]
- Why did Jesus rejoice? [ Luke 10:21 ]
- Who are the “wise and understanding” that Jesus referred to? [ Luke 10:24 ]
- Who are the “little children” that Jesus mentions? (These are not necessarily children.) [ Luke 10:23 ]
- What does God’s plan highlight about the Father? [ Luke 10:21b ]
- How is Jesus related to the Father? [ Luke 10:22]
- What can the power of Jesus achieve, even through his servants?
- If God blesses our service to him, what must we remain focussed on?
- How do people come to know Jesus and the Father?
- What does this demonstrate about God? How can we help those that do not know the Lord?
- What does Jesus say about the understanding that was given to the seventy-two?
- Do we prize this understanding? What should we do with the understanding that God has given us?