- Who did the Father choose to reveal the kingdom of heaven to? [ Luke 10:21-24 ]
- Compare with this week’s passage [ Luke 10:38-42 ] (In the first century, women had very low status within society.)
- How will the people of the kingdom be known? [ Luke 10:37 ]
- Following legalism or obedience to the Spirit of God?
- How did the sisters greet Jesus? [ Luke 10:38 ]
- Where did Mary sit? [ Luke 10:39 ]
- What does this suggest that Mary thought of Jesus?
- Why was Martha unhappy with Mary? [ Luke 10:40 ]
- What did she expect that Jesus would do?
- How did Jesus respond to Martha? [ Luke 10:41 ]
- How had Mary chosen the “good portion”? [ Luke 10:42 ]
- Why might the disciples have been asking Jesus to teach them to pray? [ Luke 11:1 ]
- How is the Lord better than the friend that gave the bread? [ Luke 11:5-8 ]
- How is the Lord better than the father that is asked for a fish and an egg? [ Luke 11:11-12 ].
- How are the two illustrations linked? What might Jesus have been trying to achieve in using these illustrations? [ Luke 11:13 ]
- How does the prayer that Jesus taught them address the disciples’ concerns? [ Luke 11:2-4 ]
- What is the character of God towards his people?
- How can we choose the “good portion”?
- What should we do if we are in need? How does this free us to choose the “good portion”?