- What was wrong with the Pharisees? [ Luke 11:39 ]
- What were they seeking to do? [ Luke 11:53-54 ]
- What might the Pharisees do with those that followed Jesus?
- Why is the teaching of the Pharisees dangerous? [ Luke 12:1 ]
- How does Jesus use judgement to encourage his disciples not to follow the Pharisees? [ Luke 12:2-3 ]
- Using the context of the passage, who are the believers not to fear? [ Luke 12:4 ]
- Why should the disciples fear God instead? [ Luke 12:5 ]
- How does God care for his people? [ Luke 12:6-7 ]
- In the context of this passage [ Luke 11:53-54 ], who is against Jesus?
- Why might the disciples have be tempted to deny Jesus? [ Luke 12:8-9 ]
- To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to claim that the Spirit is evil and obstinately oppose Jesus Christ. [ Luke 12:10 ]
- In the context of this passage, who has been claiming that the work of the Spirit through Jesus is the work of the Devil?
- What should this warning cause the hearers to do?
- How can the Holy Spirit help the disciples? [ Luke 12:11-12 ]
- Who is going to try to attack them? Compare with [ Acts 4:13 ] in context.
- What opposition might Christians face now? How might we be tempted to deny Jesus?
- How does knowledge of God’s judgement help us to trust him?
- How does God care for his people?
- What is the danger if we obstinately oppose Jesus and his message?