- What are the two subjects that Luke mentions directly before this passage? [ Luke 12:4-6, Luke 12:8-12 ]
- How does God care for his people? How should the follower of Christ behave?
- Why might the man want Jesus to divide his inheritance? [ Luke 12:13, 15 ]
- How does Jesus respond to the man’s request? [ Luke 12:15 ]
- Why did the rich man build bigger barns?
- What was he seeking to achieve? [ Luke 12:19 ]
- What had he forgotten about? [ Luke 12:20-21 ]
- What might the disciples have been worrying about? [ Luke 12:22, 25, 29 ]
- What should the disciples remember instead? [ Luke 12:23, 24, 27-28, 30]
- How are the disciples to be different from the rest of the world? [ Luke 12:30-31 ]
- How are the disciples related to God? [ Luke 12:32 ]
- What did Jesus say would be given to them? [ Luke 12:32 ]
- Why can they sell their possessions? [ Luke 12:33, 30b ]
- Why might it be helpful for the disciples to sell their possessions? [ Luke 12:33-34 ]
- Instead of focusing on possessions, what should they be focused on? [ Luke 12:34 ]
- How does God care for his people?
- What does he already know?
- What is he able to provide?
- What might we be anxious about?
- What should we be focused on instead?
- How should we be different from the rest of the world?