- What were the people using the outer section of God’s temple for? [ Luke 19:45-48 ]
- What was the response of the chief priests and scribes to Jesus’ authority?
- What are the chief priests and scribes objecting to? [ Luke 20:1-2 ]
- Why do the chief priests and scribes find it difficult to answer Jesus’ question concerning John the baptist? [ Luke 20:3-6 ]
- How is this connected to God’s authority over their lives?
- Who is the planter? Who is the vineyard? Who are the tenants? What is the fruit? [ Luke 20:9 ]
- Who are the servants that are sent to the tenants? [ Luke 20:10 ]
- What is the expectation of the owner of the vineyard?
- How is this similar to the people’s treatment of God’s prophets? [ 2 Chronicles 24:17-19 ]
- What have the people done to several of God’s servants? [ Luke 20:11-12 ]
- Who is the heir? What has not happened yet, but Jesus is suggesting will happen? [ Luke 20:13-15 ]
- What is Jesus threatening the chief priests and scribes with? [ Luke 20:16-18 ]
- What will happen to the unrepentant religious leaders of the Jews?
- How do the scribes and chief priests react to Jesus’ rebuking them?
- What does this suggest concerning their attitude towards God?
- How is God related to his people?
- What rights does God have?
- What does God expect that his people will produce?
- What does Jesus expect of the leaders of the church?
- What will happen to leaders that do not repent?
- How is this similar to people in general, concerning the return of Jesus?