- What did God say John would do? [ Luke 1:15-17 ]
- How does John’s ministry start? [ Luke 3:2 ]
- Why might Luke have included the list of rulers in [ Luke 3:1-2 ] ?
- What was John’s central message? Why was this surprising? [ Luke 3:3 ]
- In the context of Luke 3, what is the meaning of the quote from Isaiah? [ Luke 3:4-5 ] How is this linked to John’s ministry?
- What was wrong with the people who went to find John? [ Luke 3:7-9 ]
- What are the examples of works following repentance that John gives? [ Luke 3:10-14 ]
- Why may the people have found this difficult to apply before repenting?
- What does John say about Jesus? [ Luke 3:15-17 ]
- What does John think about Jesus?
- When will Jesus complete what John describes?
- Who rejected the gospel in this passage? Why might he have rejected the gospel? [ Luke 3:18-20 ]
- How does John’s warning and promise of salvation in Jesus apply today?
- What things changed or should change when we repent of our sins?
- How are those that reject the gospel similar to the king? What reasons might they give?