- In the gospel according to Luke, what has just happened [ Luke 5:17-26 ] ?
- What is the mood of the people?
- What did Jesus do for the man?
- Who is opposing Jesus?
- What was Levi’s (Matthew’s) job? [ Luke 5:27]
- Why did the Pharisees look down on people like Levi?
- Where did Jesus find Levi? [ Luke 5:27 ]
- Why are the Pharisees complaining about Jesus’ behaviour? [ Luke 5:30 ]
- What does Jesus suggest is their problem? [ Luke 5:31-32 ]
- What is the difference between the Pharisees and Levi?
- Why might the Pharisees be complaining about the disciples lack of fasting? [ Luke 5:33 ]
- In contrast to a sombre fast, what has just happened at Levi’s house? [ Luke 5:29 ]
- What would typically happen at a wedding party?
- Why might the Pharisees like the “old” rather than the “new”? [ Luke 5:39 ]
- How does Jesus behave with Levi?
- What does this suggest Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit might do today?
- What is the right response to Jesus’ message of grace?
- How might we be similar to the Pharisees?
- Why might we be happy with the “old” that Jesus mentions?