- What is the difference between the woman and the Pharisee? [ Luke 7:36-50 ]
- Women would have had very little importance in the first century culture. Why are the women mentioned in [ Luke 8:1-2 ] important?
- What types of background did they come from?
- Why did Jesus teach in parables? [ Luke 8:10, Isaiah 6:9-10, Matthew 13:10-16, Matthew 13:34-35 ]
- Why were many of the Jews (God’s people) not able to understand the parables?
- What is sowed by the sower? [ Luke 8:11 ]
- Who are the four types of soil? [ Luke 8:12, Luke 8:13, Luke 8:14, Luke 8:15 ]
- Why is the good soil special?
- What is the right reaction to receiving God’s word? [ Luke 8:16 ]
- In the context of Jesus’ immediate audience, who are those that think they have understanding? [ Luke 8:18 ]
- How should Jesus’ warning be understood in the context of the parable of the sower?
- What do those who hear and do the word of God become? [ Luke 8:21 ]
- What is preventing us from following the word of God?
- What is the danger for those that listen, but do not follow Jesus?
- What do those that listen and do the word of God become?
- How are people able to receive the word of God?