- How is Jesus compared with Elijah and the prophets of the old? [ Luke 9:7-9, Luke 9:18-20, Luke 9:28-36 ]
- What does Jesus say is before him? [ Luke 9:22, 9:44 ]
- Why did the man from the crowd beg Jesus for help? [ Luke 9:38 ]
- Who had the man already asked for help? [ Luke 9:40 ]
- Why were the disciples unable to cast out the daemon? [ Luke 9:41 ]
- Although the daemon had almost complete control over the boy, what did Jesus do? [ Luke 9:42 ]
- Why were the people astonished? [ Luke 9:43 ]
- What had Peter, James and John seen on the mountain? [ Luke 9:28-36 ]
- What had the other disciples seen in Jesus’ complete control of the daemon? [ Luke 9:43 ]
- In contrast to what the disciples might have thought of him at this time, where is Jesus’ focus? [ Luke 9:44 ]
- How is this in sharp contrast to the mindset of the disciples? [ Luke 9:46-49 ]
- What are the disciples concerned about? How is Jesus different? [ Luke 9:49-50 ]
- How did Jesus cast out the daemon? [ Luke 9:42 ] What does this suggest about the power of Jesus?
- Despite Jesus’ majesty and amazing power, what was Jesus’ ministry focused on? How is Jesus different from the disciples at this point?
- As servants of Jesus Christ, how should we serve the Lord? [ Luke 9:48 ]
- How should our focus be different to that of the World?