- What will happen to Satan and his servants? [ Revelation 20:7-8 ]
- What will happen to every man, woman or child? [ Revelation 20:11-15 ]
- Why will the first heaven and earth pass away? [ Revelation 21:1 ]
- For a Hebrew, at the time John wrote, the sea was thought to be a place of chaos and evil.
- What might a Hebrew bride look like? What does this imply about the new Jerusalem? [ Revelation 21:2 ]
- What will God do for his people? [ Revelation 21:3-4 ]
- Where is God sitting? [ Revelation 21:5, 20:11 ] What does this suggest about him?
- When will God start to build his new creation?
- How certain is it that this new creation will be ready? [ Revelation 21:5-6a ] (Look at the tenses used in the passage.)
- What is significant about alpha and omega? (Greek: first and last letters) [ Revelation 21:6a ]
- Who are the thirsty? What will be given to them? [ Revelation 21:7 ]
- Who is the conqueror? [ Revelation 21:7 ] (Also found in Revelation 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:26, 3:5, 3:12, 3:21. It might prove helpful to look at one of these.)
- What will happen to all those outside of Jesus? [ Revelation 21:8 ]
- How does the Lord rule over his creation?
- What will he do with the sinful? What awaits those in Christ?
- How should this passage affect our lives? For example:
- Acquiring lots of money or material assets on Earth?
- Needing to be approved of by peers or being seen to be important?
- Worrying about what will happen to ourselves in the future?
- Needing to evangelise the lost?