- What is God addressing in this section of Isaiah? [ Isaiah 58:1, 59:2 ]
- What was wrong with God’s people? [ Isaiah 58:3a ]
- Has the LORD changed? What is he able to do? [ Isaiah 59:1 ]
- Why is the LORD not looking upon the people and listening to their prayers? [ Isaiah 59:2-3 ]
- How do God’s people conduct themselves in the law courts and government? [ Isaiah 59:4, 59:8 ]
- Fix ME
- What is common about the two types of snakes? [ Isaiah 59:5 ]
- Who are snakes normally associated with within the scriptures? [ Genesis 3:1 ] What is at the core of God’s people?
- What are they seeking to cover themselves with? [ Isaiah 59:6 ]
- What are they hoping that this covering might hide?
- Why are the people groping, growling and moaning? [ Isaiah 59:11 ]
- Is the LORD willing to allow his people to remain in sin? [ Isaiah 59:15 ]
- What will the LORD do? [ Isaiah 59:17 ]
- Who will be saved? [ Isaiah 59:20 ]
- What is the character of the LORD towards his people?
- Why might God not listen to our prayers?
- Was there anything good in God’s people? How successful were they at hiding their sins from him? Can we hide our sins from the LORD?
- Where does our hope come from? Who will be saved?