- What did Mary and Joseph already know about Jesus? [ Luke 1:26-33, Luke 1:42-43]
- Where did Mary and Joseph live, before and after Luke 2:41-52? [ Luke 2:39 ]
- Why had Jesus gone to Jerusalem? [ Luke 2:41 ]
- Why was Jesus left behind? [ Luke 2:44 ]
- How long had Mary and Joseph travelled before they noticed that Jesus was missing? [ Luke 2:44 ]
- Having travelled back to Jerusalem, Mary and Joseph might have had one or two days to search for Jesus. Why did they not find him straight away?
- How are Mary and Joseph described by Luke in [ Luke 2:41-48 ]?
- What is the surprise to the reader of the text when Jesus speaks? [ Luke 2:49 ]
- Who does Mary suggest is Jesus’ father? Who does Jesus say his Father is?
- What other signs are there in the passage that point to Jesus’ Father? [ Luke 2:46-47 ]
- Did Jesus listen to Mary and Joseph? [ Luke 2:51 ]
- Mary and Joseph had a lot of evidence of who Jesus is, but they still did not understand his answer in the temple [ Luke 2:50 ]. Why do we need help to understand who Jesus is?
- Why might we not find Jesus straight away?
- If we are following Jesus, what should we delight in?