- Which time in Biblical history is the previous text pointing at? [ Isaiah 60:19-20 ]
- Isaiah 61 does not follow chronologically from Isaiah 60, but provides further information on what the Lord will do.
- Who is the Spirit of the Lord upon? [ Isaiah 61:1, Luke 4:16-21 ]
- When did the year of the LORD’s favour start?
- When will the day of vengeance take place?
- Why were some of the people in Zion mourning?
- How will the people of Zion become righteous?
- Why will the other nations come to be with those that mourned in Zion? [ Isaiah 61:5 ]
- What has God done for his people? [ Isaiah 61:8b ]
- Where will his people be found? [ Isaiah 61:9 ]
- Who was clothed in the garments of salvation? What does this refer to? [ Isaiah 61:10 ]
- How does the growing seed help the hears to think about God’s salvation plan? [ Isaiah 61:11 ] (The certainty – seed sown, The goodness – the growing seed.)
- How does God’s salvation plan affect us today?
- What does God’s salvation plan tell us about him?
- How certain is his salvation of those that mourn?
- What will happen to those that do not accept this salvation plan?