- Where is Jeremiah? [ Jeremiah 5:1 ]
- What has he been instructed to do?
- What happened during the life time of Jeremiah? [ Jeremiah 1:1-3 ]
(There are many metaphors in this passage, relating to God’s people and other people that he will send to destroy them.)
- What is wrong with the people of Judah? [ Jeremiah 5:2-3 ]
- How are the poor and the great similar?
- What had they broken? What does this imply that they were happy to do? [ Jeremiah 5:5 ]
- What will happen to the people? [ Jeremiah 5:6 ] (The wild animals are probably metaphorical.)
- Why will they be punished?
- What is at the root of their sin?
- What has the Lord done for the people? [ Jeremiah 5:7 ]
- How is the people’s behaviour similar to a whore?
- What have the people gone after?
- Why must the Lord take action? [ Jeremiah 5:9 ]
- What will the Lord do to his vineyard, his people? [ Jeremiah 5:10 ]
- How have the people behaved? [ Jeremiah 5:11 ]
- What do they think of God? How have they rejected the truth? [ Jeremiah 5:12 ]
- Who will God send to punish his people? [ Jeremiah 5:15-17 ]
- Despite their sin, how was God gracious with his people? [ Jeremiah 5:18 ]
- What does he hope might happen?
- How are all people similar to the poor and great mentioned in this passage?
- What must the Lord do with those that reject him?
- What will the Lord do for his people?
- Despite the sin of people, what does the Lord hope will happen?