- What was wrong with the scribes? [ Luke 20:45-47 ]
- What did they love? How did they take the widows’ houses?
- What is the significance of the widow’s offering? [ Luke 21:1-4 ]
- How might this be connected to what Jesus said the scribes were doing?
- FIX ME
- What were some people in the temple focused on? [ Luke 21:5 ]
- How is this linked to the rich and their offerings?
- What will happen to the temple building? [ Luke 21:6 ] (The event took place in 70AD, around 37 years after Jesus spoke these words.)
- Rather than the temple, what event is Jesus mentioning in his answer to the disciples? [ Luke 21:8-9 ] (This event has not happened yet.)
- What will the time before Jesus’ return look like? [ Luke 21:10-11 ]
- Before the end, what will face the disciples in the short-term future? [ Luke 21:12-19 ]
- What will this enable them to do? [ Luke 21:13 ]
- How will they be able to answer in the time of trouble? [ Luke 21:15 ]
- Who will disown them? [ Luke 21:16 ] Why will they suffer? [ Luke 21:17 ]
- Ultimately, how safe is their salvation? [ Luke 21:18 ]
- What will happen to Jerusalem? [ Luke 21:20-25 ] (This happened in 70 AD, when the Romans sacked Jerusalem.)
- Despite the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem, what does Jesus want the disciples to remember will happen at the end? [ Luke 21:25-28, Daniel 7:13-14 ]
- What will last beyond all of the destruction of the end? [ Luke 21:33 ]
- What warnings and encouragement does Jesus give the disciples? [ Luke 21:35-36 ]
- How does this passage demonstrate God’s care for his people?
- We are living after the destruction of the temple, but before Jesus’ return.
- How is Jesus’ encouragement to the disciples directly relevant to us?
- What should we pray for? What should we be focused on?