- For Hebrews, the sea was seen as a place of chaos and evil. When Jesus rebuked the sea, what did it demonstrate to the disciples? [ Luke 8:22-25 ]
- How did the daemons react to Jesus? [ Luke 8:26-33 ]
- Why might the people have been waiting for Jesus? [ Luke 8:40 ]
- Why did Jairus go to Jesus? [ Luke 8:41-42 ]
- Why was his daughter special to him?
- What did Jairus believe that Jesus could do?
- Why did the woman go and touch the edge of his clothes? [ Luke 8:43-44 ]
- How would the woman have been treated by others? [ Leviticus 15:25-27 ]
- What did the woman believe that Jesus could do?
- How did Jesus heal her? [ Luke 8:44-45]
- Why might the woman have trembled before Jesus? [ Luke 8:47 ]
- How does Jesus address her after she has been healed? [ Luke 8:48 ]
- Why does the person from the ruler’s house try to dissuade Jesus from going to Jairus’ house? [ Luke 8:49 ]
- What does the person not expect Jesus to do? Why might the person have thought this?
- What is the significance of Jesus’ statement that the little girl is sleeping? [ Luke 8:52 ]
- While she is physically dead, what does Jesus’ statement suggest might happen?
- How does this passage demonstrate Jesus’ power? Over sickness? Over death?
- What is similar about Jairus and the woman? What did they believe?
- What should we believe? Why should we trust Jesus with ourselves? What does this passage suggest about salvation and the resurrection? [ 1 Thessalonians 4:16 ]